|MQA No :||PA 12065|
|MOE Reference :||N/811/4/0395 (PA12065) 12/24|
|Duration :||2 Years 6 Months|
|Entry Requirement:||(1) PASS SPM with minimum 3 credits in any subject; OR
(2) PASS O-level with minimum C Grade in any 3 subject; OR
(3) PASS SKM (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia) level 3 in Food & Beverages field AND PASS SPM with minimum 1 credit in any subject; OR
(4) PASS UEC with minimum B Grade in any 3 subject; OR
(5) PASS Sijil Kolej Komuniti in related field with minimum 1 credit in any subject; OR
(6) PASS certificate level in related field or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
(7) PASS STPM with minimum C Grade (NGMP 2.0) in any subject; OR
(8) PASS STAM with minimum rank Maqbul level.
|Brief Description of the Programme|
|The Diploma In Restaurant Management (2u2i) is a job-based learning programme that combines college & industry learning methods (1.5 years in campus & 1 years in industry). 2u2i programme will prepare and increase student readiness and produce qualified manpower at the operational, supervisory levels as well as entrepreneurs in the Foodservice business.
In addition to widening the range of courses related to the tourism and hospitality industry offered by Malaysian College of Hospitality and Management, it is also aimed at upgrading the quality and competencies of the workforce in this vital economic area. The programme of study will produce graduates with the skills necessary to operate and manage a food catering business. These include knowledge and practical exposure in food preparation and delivery in mass quantity, marketing, human resources management, accounting and food product development. Strategically, it should help in positioning the nation as a center of excellence in the halal foodservice and food catering business.
|Who should be joining?|
|Options for Academic Progression|
|Students may pursue study and progress in such programmes at offering universities locally and internationally.
|What are the attractions about this Programme?|
|Salary guide for The Fresh Graduates|
|Job Title||Salary (RM)|
|Waiter / Front of House||1,300|
|Bartender / Cook||1,800|
|Foodservice Manager||> 2,500|
|Restaurant Manager||> 4,000|
|*Salary guide is based on the market reference range for the job description, location and core competency requirements.|